In order to facilitate and prepare its work, the members of the County Council have also formed a number of decision-making and advisory committees.
The decision-making committees make decisions on behalf of the County Council on matters that fall within the scope of their respective responsibilities. Matters that fall within the decision-making purview of the County Council are discussed in advance by the responsible committees.
The decision-making committees are:
- the Administrative Committee
- the Committee on the Environment and Technology
- the Cultural and Education Committee
- the Social Committee and
- the Youth Welfare Committee
The county president is the chairperson of these committees. The Council Advisory Committee advises the president on agenda matters and on the course of negotiations in the County Council.
The County Council is the main organ of the county district office and decides in particular on:
- the enactment of all statutes and their amendments, e.g. the waste fee statute, the assumption of voluntary tasks for the county, decisions in particularly important matters of the AVL and Clinics gGmbH,
- the delegation of county representatives to institutional bodies, organisations and associations of which the county is a member,
- the appointment, hiring, promotion and dismissal of senior officials and employees in agreement with the president,
- the election of the president.
The committees are responsible for decisions which are not within the sole purview of the County Council, insofar as these decisions are not among the responsibilities of the County District Office in its role as a lower administrative authority of the state:
Central administrative matters, elections, finances, preliminary consultations for the County Council in hospital matters, real estate, local audit, matters of the equal opportunities officers, human resources. It also decides, in agreement with the president, on the appointment, recruitment, promotion, partial retirement, dismissal and retirement of civil servants from grade A 13 as well as of employees from the pay groups 12 TVöD / S 18 TVöD-S and of civil servants and collective bargaining employees to whom the function of head of department is to be transferred. This does not apply to those cases in which there is a collective or statutory entitlement or in the case of temporary employees.
Committee on the Environment and Technology
Planning, redevelopment and development, waste management, surveying, fire brigade, rescue service, economic development, tourism, fruit and horticulture consulting, landscape, nature and environmental protection, agriculture, forestry, land consolidation, building construction, school transport, public transport and roads.