Our main task is the management of the state and municipal forests
About 41 municipal forest enterprises are managed in the county of Ludwigsburg.
The sale of timber for municipal and private forests is carried out by the municipal timber sales office (Sub-department Forestry).
- Consultancy and support for private forest owners
- Support of forest owners
- Forest education and environmental education
- Statements as public sector body
- Monitoring of legal regulations for the forestry sector
- Recreational function of the forest in densely populated areas
- Nature conservation tasks and biotope maintenance in forests
12,700 hectares, of which
approx. 9,100 ha municipal forest (72 percent)
approx. 2,100 ha private forest (16 percent)
approx. 1,500 ha state forest (12 percent)
With a forest share of approx. 18.5 %, the county of Ludwigsburg is the least wooded county in Baden-Württemberg (Baden-Württemberg 38%), which also has a very high population density with approx. 745 inhabitants per square km (Baden-Württemberg approx. 275 inhabitants/square km). Accordingly, the forest is very much used for recreation and at the same time fulfils a variety of protective and beneficial functions.